Work for our fast growing non-profit in Oakland as we celebrate our 15th year and enter the next stage of expansion. Our mission is to create strong neighborhood connections that promote sustainable green practices and support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country. We are proud of our track record of helping other non-profits beautify their workspaces, gardens, and classrooms by giving plants away at no cost.
The Plant Exchange is hiring!
Marketing and Business Development Manager – Full-time, employee 6-month project
The Plant Exchange, a 15-year-old non-profit that supports sustainable environmental reuse, recycling and repurposing, is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Professional. Our programs and projects embrace today’s challenges by serving as the horticultural industry’s single source for disposal of excess materials thereby diverting them from landfills. The Plant Exchange’s signature events engage the local community by providing a venue for trading, donating and purchasing plants, garden tools, supplies and hardscape materials thus removing thousands of items from the waste stream.
The Plant Exchange is entering an exponential growth stage. We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead our dedicated team of key volunteers and staff in creating and implementing a business development and marketing strategy.
As our Marketing and Development Professional your key responsibilities are:
· innovative program/service development
· hands on implementation
· community engagement and building partnerships
· fundraising and
· refining our volunteer recruitment strategy
This 6-month full-time project is expected to result in:
· A clear strategy for The Plant Exchange to identify and expand revenue generation opportunities (e.g. workshops, internships, events, cooperative partnerships, product lines, etc.) to support our mission
· Development of a short-term marketing plan
· Development of realistic, achievable and sustainable written plans in 3 areas: fundraising, program/service delivery and community engagement
· Active participation in the daily management of new programs, services and events including writing brochures, news releases and other communications. This is definitely a hands-on opportunity
· Active pursuit of business development and partnership opportunities
· Hiring and orienting a full-time employee to carry on the new systems and programs, if required at the end of the project.
Traits That Make You a Good Match
· You are a solution-oriented, savvy professional skilled at building and maintaining relationships, and leveraging both internal and external resources to achieve aggressive goals in a fast-paced environment
· Can demonstrate effectiveness in the management of people, programs and projects in a non-profit environment
· Have successfully demonstrated a leadership role in identifying and implementing funding strategies
· You are a well-organized, self-starter who can develop and communicate strategies and tactics confidently
· You possess a keen eye for details without losing sight of the big picture
· You have a strong level of computer skills including social media platforms, Vertical Response and databases
· You possess a valid CA Driver’s License and a good driving record
· Lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
· Ability to stand for extended periods (occasionally)
· Bending, stooping, sitting, walking
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours required. Salary: $30,000 for 6-month project
Location: downtown Oakland
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Odette Pollar, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
theplantexchange.com Position open until filled. Beginning date: January 2022